Increase your Apple iMac performance with a PRO Memory Upgrade
Add more memory to your Apple iMac and benefit from quality, price and service delivered from PRO Memory Upgrade. Each iMac memory module expansion is made by DRAM manufacturers so we deliver the same, brands and part numbers of highly reliable RAM that Apple installs when installing memory modules in new machines. We recommend iMac Apple computer users not to install third party memory. Our memory prices speak for themselves, affordable and competitive to start plus, we offer the ability to make an offer on any iMac memory RAM expansion kit we sell. All combined with serving our customers with same day shipping, tech support and loads of other helpful how to computer tips and information to help your memory configuration.
Do it yourself Apple Intel iMac SO-DIMM memory installation or replacement instruction guide:
Important: When installing DDR2 or DDR3 SO-DIMMs into the Intel iMac all-in-one computer, press the SO-DIMM module up into the slot with your thumbs; do not use the SO-DIMM ejector clips. Trying to push the SO-DIMM into the slot using the ejector clips may damage the iMac SO-DIMM memory module.
To install the SO-DIMM memory memory into the bottom RAM slot, follow these instructions:
- Turn your Intel iMac off—from the Apple menu, choose Shut Down .
- Disconnect all cables and the power cord from your iMac.
- Place a soft, clean towel or cloth on the desk or surface to prevent scratching the LCD display. Hold the sides of the iMac and gently lay the all-in-one computer face down.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the RAM access door on the bottom of the iMac, in the image below.
- Remove the access door and set it aside, be sure to keep an eye on the screws.
- Move the SO-DIMM ejector clips to their fully open position.
- Insert your iMac RAM SO-DIMM module into the bottom slot, keeping in mind the orientation of the keyed SO-DIMM as shown.
- Once inserted, press the SO-DIMM up into the slot with your thumbs. Do not use the SO-DIMM ejector clips to push in the SO-DIMM. Trying to push the SO-DIMM into the slot using the ejector clips may damage the SO-DIMM memory chip. You'll hear a slight click when the memory is fully seated. Once fully seated, close the ejector clips.
- Re-install the Intel iMac memory access door.