Determine how much memory you have and identify what you need and can run in Microsoft Windows 32-bit or 64-bit Vista OS
To get the most out of your system and go to 4GB or 8GB of memory check these things:
- In a 32-bit version of Vista OS, make sure you have Service Pack 1 (SP1) if you want to run a limit of 4GB of RAM
- If you are going to more than 4GB of RAM you will need a 64-bit version of Vista
- The system BIOS must include a "Memory hole" option and it must be enabled
- Install 64-bit device drivers for all your hardware
- Confirm your Intel Chip set is capable of the amount of memory you want to install
64-Bit OS versions of Vista maximum memory
- Home Basic: 8GB
- Home Premium: 16GB
- Utimate: 128GB
- Business: 128GB
- Enterprise: 128GB
CPU-Z (CPUID) and Belarc Advisor are helpful applications to learn more about your memory, motherboard, chipset, bios and more.
CPU-Z is a freeware system profiler application for Microsoft Windows (for all versions from 95 on) that detects the central processing unit, RAM, motherboard chipset, and other hardware features of a modern personal computer, and presents the information in one window. CPU-Z is more in-depth in some areas than the features that Windows XP provides to identify various hardware components, and is thus needed to identify certain components without opening the case, especially the core revision and RAM clock rate.
1. Download CPU-Z
2. Unzip the file to any location.
3. Locate the unzipped folder and execute the file cpuz.exe
4. After the program loads, click the About tab.
5. Click the HTML Dump button at the bottom of the window.
6. Choose any location to save the cpuz.htm file, then click Save.
7. Execute the newly created cpuz.htm file and it will load in your browser.
8. Email us the cpuz.htm file.
9. For more information, go to the CPUID Website
The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.
1. Download Belarc System Advisor from the Belarc website.
2. Locate the advisor.exe file and execute it.
3. After installation the program will build a profile of your hardware and software, and display this in your web browser.
4. Use the information in the .htm file to fill out this form.
5. If you want to Email us the .html file, it is located at c:\program files\belarc\advisor\system\
6. For more information, go to the Belarc Advisor Website
Other helpful memory limit links:
Request A Quotation? Click here